Fly Above the Ocean !!!
Called the “Napoli of Korea,” visitors can now enjoy Samcheok’s Janghohang Port from the sky on the Marine Cable Car, officially opening September 26. The cable car’s walls feature elliptical glass so riders can fully take in the beauty of the East Sea, while thick glass is installed on the floor for that thrilling feeling of flying over the ocean. Each car can hold a total of 32 passengers per trip, and there are two cars running on separate tracks. The distance between the two boarding stations (Yonghwa Station & Jangho Station) is a total of 847 meters.
The cable car will operate 09:00-20:00 during peak season (April-October) and 09:00-18:00 on the off season (November-March). The standard fare for an adult is 10,000 won round trip (6,000 won for one-way). As the cable car will not run during typhoons or other adverse weather conditions, advanced reservations are not available and tickets will only be available on-site. The cable car will also not run on the 18th of each month for regular maintenance and safety checks.
The cable car stations are located near many convenience facilities, including Haesang Park and parking lot, and coastal walking trails, making the cable car easy to access by tourists. If you have plans to visit Gangwon-do during your time in Korea, don’t miss out on enjoying the outstanding coastal scenery from the Samcheok Marine Cable Car.
Samcheok Marine Cable Car
– Yonghwa Station: 2154-31, Samcheok-ro, Geundeok-myeon, Samcheok-si, Gangwon-do
– Jangho Station: 12-10, Janghohang-gil, Geundeok-myeon, Samcheok-si, Gangwon-do
– Yonghwa Station: Cross the street from Samcheok Express Bus Terminal or Samcheok Bus Terminal and take Bus No. 24 from Terminal Bus Stop -> Get off at Yonghwa Bus Stop and walk approx. 10min to Yonghwa Station
– Jangho Station: Cross the street from Samcheok Express Bus Terminal or Samcheok Bus Terminal and take Bus No. 24 from Terminal Bus Stop -> Get off at Jangho Bus Stop and walk approx. 10min to Jangho Station
Operating hours: April-October 09:00-20:00, November-March 09:00-18:00
Fares: Adults (Ages 13 and older) round-trip 10,000 won, one-way 6,000 won / Children (Ages 12 and under) round-trip 6,000 won, one-way 4,000 won
* Tickets only available on-site
Samcheok Marine Cable Car website: www.samcheokcablecar.kr (Korean only)